Wednesday 27 June 2012

Day 4: The threesome becomes a foursome (or a sixsome?)

Another quiet day today. Shirl was due in at 215 so I took myself off to town to have a mooch before heading out on the train to the airport. The light rail system here is fantastic. It cost me $1.75 on the train into town. I went for a long walk along the waterfront. It was great - such a busy harbour. The seaplanes intrigued me, taking passengers to Vancouver Island and other places. Just a constant stream of small float planes in and out.


Also a fabulous yacht marina where obviously some of the boats were more lived in than sailed on:

Or both?

There was also a lovely children's fountain. Essentially just a flat area with water spouts for the kids to play in and dodge around.


And some amazing cruise liners with balconies.

I then took the Canada line train out to the airport to meet Shirl on her flight from Auckland. It was a little delayed but at last:

We then took the trains back to our hotel and then out for a really nice Chinese dinner. All good.
Tomorrow Shirl is going to experience going to town without buying anything while I stay at the hotel with Ebony for a trial pack. Friday we are on the road north. North ... to Alaska! :-). :-) :-)

Location:Vancouver

No comments:

Post a Comment